“I’m trying to be worth a billion dollars by the time I’m 25,” teenage basketball star Mikey Williams told the “I am Athlete” podcast just over a year ago.
Williams was arrested on April 13 in the wake of a late-night incident two weeks earlier at the $1.2 million hilltop home he owns east of San Diego. Angry that visitors unexpectedly showed up to his house, Williams allegedly threatened to shoot them. Then he allegedly fired a handgun at their vehicle as they drove away, damaging the trunk and rear windshield but leaving all six occupants unharmed.
Arash Hashemi is a Los Angeles criminal defense attorney who has closely followed media coverage of Williams’ case and the pretrial hearings. He describes the witness testimony and other circumstantial evidence against Williams as “very strong,” so strong that there is a real chance the 19-year-old does significant time.

Comments
Post a Comment