Kurt’s plan was to talk directly to his boss, thus he would march right into his office, past his secretary and into his personal space and get things straight with him. He certainly wasn’t counting on small talk with Mr. Bones’ secretary, but the way she called him over as he walked past her left him no choice.
“Yes?” he impatiently answered.
“Is this your first time in today?”
“Yes.”
“No, I mean I thought you might have stopped in earlier and then left and just come back now. But you’re saying you didn’t do that?”
“Yes.”
“So this is your very first time in the building today?”
“Yes.” His voice rose.
“So you just got in and came inside here?”
“Yes, you got a problem with that?”
“No,” she said defensively. “It’s just that I didn’t see you bringing in any lunch so that’s why I was wondering.”

Comments
Post a Comment