“We’re kind of like UGG boots: brown, fury, and sweaty… and nobody can figure out why we’re so damn trendy,” quips the skiing/snowboarding Iranian comedienne and regular E! commentator Nadine Rajabi in a segment of her Showtime Comedy Special, Hot Tamales about being Persian. “I’m moving back home because my mom’s been having trouble paying both [of] our rents,” says the riotous and multitasking modern Persian-beauty.
As the youngest paid “regular” at the Improv clubs – thanks to Improv manager Reeta Piazza who “found” her when she was only 19 years old, at a bar trying out jokes underage – the playful Rajabi, who tells us that she’s trying to be the “Iranian Seacrest”, can now add a “producer” title, for her work on MTV’s Daddy’s Girls (a spinoff from Run’s House), to her overflowing resume. This California-raised Persian girl, is not just hilariously funny, but she’s cool and smart. She’s the type of “Persian-chick” you want to be friends with, whether you’re female or male, Persian or not.
"When we had people visiting from Iran, my mom said to me “don’t tell them what you do. They’ll think you’re a dalghak (clown),” Meanwhile I was going to a lot of shows and spending a week or so at my parents’ house while her visitors were there and I’d leave every night and I’d come home at 2:00 AM, and the next day we’d be having breakfast, and they’d ask me, “what did you do last night?” and I’d say, “work,” so then they’d ask, “what did you do at work?” and I’d reply, “nothing,”. They must think I’m a prostitute."

Comments
Post a Comment